My bookstagram brought me so much joy. I filmed reels, I felt super inspired for a hundred different pictures, I was inspired to journal and paint again, everyone was super supportive and I started talking to several people I’ve admired for a long time… (you can check out my photos on the sidebar on the right!)
I participated in my first ever blog tour!! It’s a great way to promote underhyped or self-published authors as well as bloggers – not to mention another way to read free books!
I started 2 new kdramas: Search (2020) & Tale of the Nine Tales (2020) – a new favorite already and it’s not even halfway! Seriously guys, I’m in love, this is one of the best shows I’ve watched so far! Also watched & enjoyed: The Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting, Love & Monsters, and Jujutsu Kaisen.
Something that didn’t bring me as much joy this month was my blog. I didn’t have a lot of motivation or inspiration and I feel like my blog suffered from that d(espite still seeing consistent growth/stats compared to the last few months). I’m planning on working to improve this next month. I just desperately need more organization for my blog right – for writing, planning and posting!
What I Read:
I read quite a few books this month but I didn’t love as many books as I’d hope. I read 15 books (5 paperbacks and 10 ebooks). I also took advantage of an online sale and bought two books: No Game No Life Light Novel vols. 03 and 04 by Yuu Kamiya.
My favorites that I loved, loved, loved: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- A Deadly Education – Naomi Novik
- Ninth House – Leigh Bardugo
- From Blood and Ash – JLA
- Keeper of the Lost Cities, Exile, Everblaze and Neverseen – Shannon Messenger
Some books that I truly enjoyed while I was reading them, but that I also found to be pretty average (it’s unlikely that I will ever reread them): ⭐⭐⭐.5 – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- I Hope You’re Listening – Tom Ryan (arc)
- Blazewrath Games – Amparo Ortiz
- To Best The Boys – Mary Webber
- Home Before Dark – Riley Sager (arc)
Three books that were very flawed and that I overall didn’t enjoy all that much: ⭐⭐– ⭐⭐⭐
- The Wolf and The Water – Josie Jaffrey
- Kill The Next One – Federico Axat
- Final Girls – Riley Sager (dnf)
This month on the blog…
- A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik
- Home Before Dark by Riley Sager (ARC)
- I Hope You’re Listening by Tom Ryan (Book Tour/ ARC)
- The Wolf and the Water by Josie Jaffrey (ARC)
And I also posted:
- Let’s Talk Bookish: What makes you DNF a book?
- September Used Book Haul!
- The Pumpkin Spice Late Book Tag
- My Current Netgalley TBR:
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Read V.E. Schwab’s Books!!
- Top 13 Movie & TV Recommendations for Halloween!
No blogger’s appreciation section this month because I’m planning to do a whole post at some point.