Hello loves, I hope you had a good January and if not, I hope it gets better in February! Before moving onto the books I read this month, I have some very brief news.
In 2021, I’m participating in the Literary Love Book Club, created and hosted by the wonderful Brooke @ brookecannotread (who also recently started a blog, please go check her out). This book club is all about reading NA/Adult romances! January’s book club pick was The Roommate by Rosie Danaan.
Also, I’ll be posting more journaling content from now on. First maybe a monthly series of updates on my reading journal, and then inspiration and tips as well, perhaps?
This new year is starting with a bang. I read 21* books! There were some brilliant books in there, some truly entertaining ones that made me happy, some that made me cry, and unfortunately some not so great. (EDIT: I read another book in one sitting after publishing this post).
Stats: I read 11 physical books and 9 ebooks. From those, 12 were fantasy (in a mix of YA, middle grade and adult), 5 adult romances, 1 scifi, 1 thriller, 2 mangas and 1 dystopia novella.
My favorites were without question The Dragon Republic & The Burning God by R. F. Kuang, Crave by Tracy Wolff, and The Deal by Elle Kennedy. My least favorites were The Roommate, The Hunting Party, Adult Virgins Anonymous and The Swimmers.
- The Dragon Republic & The Burning God – R. F. Kuang ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Roommate – Rosie Danaan ⭐⭐
- Crave – Tracy Wolff ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- The Deal – Elle Kennedy ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Starsight – Brandon Sanderson ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Hunting Party – Lucy Fowley ⭐⭐
- The Poison Jungle – Tui T. Sutherland ⭐⭐⭐.5
- The House of Hades, The Blood of Olympus & The Trials of Apollo – Rick Riordan ⭐⭐⭐ to ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- Wait For You – Jennifer L. Armentrout ⭐⭐⭐.5
- Beautiful Bastard – Christina Lauren ⭐⭐⭐.5
- One Piece vol. 24 – Eiichiro Oda ⭐⭐⭐.5
- The Dawn Chorus – Samantha Shannon ⭐⭐⭐
- Keeper of the Lost Cities & Exile – Shanon Messenger (rereads) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Rhapsody – Laura Thalassa ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Fable by Adrienne Young ⭐⭐⭐.5 [review]
- Orient vol. 01 by Shinobu Ohtaka ⭐⭐⭐.5 [review]
- The Swimmers by Marian Womack (DNF) ⭐⭐
- Adult Virgins Anonymous by Amber Crewe ⭐⭐ [review]
This Month on the Blog
- Hello 2021 | Blogging Update & Plans for the New Year – In which I talk about my few goals and priorities for this year.
- December Wrap Up //2020 – I read 16 great books in December 2020, check my post to find out what those are!
- Anticipated Releases of 2021: part 1 – All the new releases I’m excited to read this year! Part 1: February to June.
- My Reading Journal: 2021 – The first post of the journaling content you’ll be able to see this year.
- Reviews: Crave by Tracy Wolff & Jade City by Fonda Lee
- Amazing Female Authors I Discovered in 2020 – Go check out which 6 amazing female authors I discovered in 2020 and their books.
And that’s a wrap! I’m pretty happy with what I read this month despite a few less great books I still enjoyed most of them so much and had a pretty great reading month. What about you guys, how was your reading month? What was your favorite?