I had such a weird reading month. I was pretty stressed about some stuff (*see the semi-hiatus update linked below*), and so my reading mood was kind of all the place. Plus, I had a few too many arcs in my tbr, I tried to read too many, and ended up reading none. Make it make sense.
I went to the Lisbon Book Fair for the first time in maybe four years, and I bought a few books there, plus two or three others throughout the month that have been on my tbr for a long time, so no regrets… kinda?
>check all these photos on my bookstagram linked in the sidebar*
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me – Mariana Zapata ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Haunting Adeline – H. D. Carlton ⭐⭐⭐.5
- A Map of Days – Ransom Riggs ⭐⭐⭐.5
- The Inside Edge – Ashlyn Kane ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- A Conference of Birds – Ransom Riggs ⭐⭐⭐.5
- The Desolation of Devil’s Acre – Ransom Riggs ⭐⭐⭐.5
- The Heart Principle – Helen Hoang ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Sparrow Rising – Jessica Khoury ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Games We Play – Dana Isaly ⭐⭐⭐.5
- Well Met – Jen DeLuca ⭐⭐⭐.5
- Iron Widow – Xiran Jay Zhao ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ new favorite!
- Under Locke – Mariana Zapata ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Kulti – Mariana Zapata ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Good Girl, Bad Blood – Holly Jackson ⭐⭐⭐.5
As you can see, I’m well on my way to reading all of Mariana Zapata’s books this year. Both Under Locke and Kulti were a nice surprise since I heard they weren’t too great compared to some of her other books. My next one will likely be Hands Down or From Lukov with Love (or a reread of Luna and the Lie, I’ve been thinking about that book quite a bit lately).
I wasn’t too interested in reading the last three books in the Peculiar Children series, but I watched the movie on tv, and I suddenly really wanted to know what happened to the characters. And I enjoyed them a lot.
My favorites this month were The Heart Principle, Iron Widow and Under Locke, but I loved the first two the most. I still don’t know how to review Iron Widow, but it’s one of the best books I read all year!!