Some facts about me,
- I’m 20 years old and I’m currently studying Translation in Lisbon.
- I speak Portuguese, English, still learning French and I understand a little of Spanish. I’ve taking Japanese classes as of March 2017.
- I’m an optimist. I always look at the bright side of things. I get easily enthusiastic about the things I love and I’m more often than not in a good mood.
- Although it is easy for me to make friends and there are some people that I absolutely adore in this world, I’m a bit of a loner. (I frequently avoid people I know.)
- I’m a very honest person and sharer by nature. I don’t believe in keeping my feelings bottled up.
- I’m an avid reader and writer – and some of my hobbies include writing stories that are rarely published and reading books that leave me emotionally overwhelmed and sometimes not able to sleep.
Goodreads account (I might post reviews there after posting them here or post a preview there but I rarely use it for anything other than for tracking the books I read).
Bookstagram account (I’ll probably post the pictures I post on my bookstagram in this blog as well, if they are related to the book I’m reading).
My favorite genre is fantasy – and I’ll read almost any sub-genre of fantasy, such as historical fantasy or urban fantasy if it seems interesting. To be honest, I’ll read just about any book that seems interesting.
Some of my favorites,
- The Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
- A Court of Thorns of Roses series by Sarah J. Maas
- The Song of Achilles by Madelline Miller
- The Grisha trilogy + Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo
- The Illuminae Files series by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
- The Lotus War trilogy by Jay Kristoff
- The Wrath & The Dawn Duology by Reneé Ahdieh
- The Young Elites trilogy by Marie Lu
Reviews & Ratings:
5 – I love it! Absolutely fantastic! It blew my mind!
4 – Amazing. Great.
3 – Enjoyable but it could be better/ I have issues with it.
2 – It has many issues and I overall disliked it. I might regret reading/buying this book.
1 – I seldom give this rating if I’ve ever actually given it in my entire life. I’ll probably just stop reading a book if it’s this bad.
I might add some quotes I like or a recommendation but these will be the aspects I’ll be focusing on :
- What I feel about in in general
- Characters (Development or Lack there of, mostly)
- Plot/Fictional world, creatures and whatnot if it’s fantasy
- Writing (as a person who adores to write the writing style is an important aspect to comment in my opinion)